Sukamade Turtle Tour
Sukamade is a beautiful beach located in Pesanggaran subdistrict is one of Indonesia's most important turtle spawning grounds. Five species of sea turtles come ashore regularly to lay their eggs on these sands. Located on the southern coast, it's not only a turtle haven but a gorgeous spot to soak in Indonesia's natural beauty.
Sukamade Beach is a part of Meru Betiri National Park and is a must-see destination on your trip to Java.
- 12:30 PM: Leave Banyuwangi and go on a jungle tour through peaceful villages, rubber, coffee, and cocoa plantations.
- 6:30 PM -11:30 PM: Arrive in Sukamade and head to the beach to watch the sunset and the turtles crawl onto the beach to lay their eggs. Sleep overnight at the Sukamade Guest House.
- 6:30 AM: Wake up early to help the conservation release baby turtles into the ocean.
- 9:00 AM: Head back to Banyuwangi with a stop at the peaceful Green Bay. We stop here for a leisurely 1-hour break so you can experience the beach to its fullest.
- English speaking tour guide
- Admission fee to National Park
- 1 night stay in Sukamade Guest house
- Donation for baby turtle conservation and release
Witness one of the greatest natural events of surviving pre-historic turtles as a great and unforgettable vacation experience. Sukamade Turtle Adventure Tour is all about watching the turtles lay their eggs on a virgin secluded beach. The peak season for green turtles (mostly found laying their eggs on Sukamade Beach) is during the wet season but usually, but reduced activity can be observed during the entire year.