Sukamade turtle tour
This beautiful beach located in Pesanggaran subdistrict is one of Indonesia's most important turtle spawning grounds. Five species of sea turtle come ashore regularly to lay their eggs on these sands. Located on the southern coast, this beach is called Sukamade Turtle beach, a good place for relaxing and enjoying the sunset.
Sukamade Beach is a part of Meru Betiri National Park. The park that has been set in colonial era as one of wildlife reserved in east java is worth to visit during your vacation in Indonesia.
- Sukamade Tour is an adventurous 4 to 6 hours drive from banyuwangi city starting at 12:30 pm
- a small jungle-tour through peacefull villages, rubber, coffee and cocoa plantations,
- There you will spend the night in the concervation guesthouse.
- About 7 pm till 11.30 pm you'll be picked up to watching turtles coming-up from the sea crawling to the beach seeking for a nice place to lay their eggs.
- and early morning we realeas the babies turtle at the ocean,just for remember this activity we should give them donation for concervation,(included in the price)
- It is a scenic journey from Sukamade. On the way heading back to banyuwangi city you will pass the exotic and peaceful Green Bay.*(we do this beach on the way back the day after we release the babies just to make sure we have a good time and not hurry)
if we are lucky enought we will found more than 1 Big turtle laying their eggs on this trip
- English speaking Tour Guide,
- All Admission Fee during the program,
- 1 night stay in Sukamade Guest house,
- All transport go & back
- Donation for turtle concervation
- Package of release the babies turtle
- Check poin
Witness one of the greatest natural events of surviving pre-historic turtles as a great and unforgettable vacation experience. The principal object of this adventure tour is watching the turtles laying their eggs on a virgin secluded beach which is well-known as SUKAMADE BEACH. Before searching for the turtles you will pass through tropical low-land rainforest on the southern coast of Java. The peak season for green turtles (mostly found laying their eggs on Sukamade Beach) is on during the wet season but usually reduced activity can be found observed during the entire year.